Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Birthday Noods

I've been having one of those "Everything is coming up Milhouse" sort of days. Went down to the shops for a few last minute things before everything closes (it's New Years Eve of course) and got some excellent bargains from people itching to close up and start their holidays.

Then I was feeling peckish so I stopped at this little noodly place (where they regarded me with horror, so I rang Teresa for translation...) and had the most kick-ass brown noodles in saucy stuff with crunchy I don't know whats on top and coriander and chilli and mushrooms. It was FANTASTIC. This weird old man decided to sit at my table, so I had company. He eventually slipped his face mask on and conked out with his head resting on the fridge, so I guess he didn't find me threatening.

Then I bought a jacket (also on sale) because it's freezing at the moment and nowhere in Taiwan has heating.

And now I am snuggled up in my bat cave, feeling full and happy and content. I bought nice snacks (some of which I'll send to Tracy) and I'm going to have a ginger tea. Oh Jody! You are so Taiwanese!

Oh yeah (just re-read my title) Teresa tells me that the character and pronunciation of the word for those noodles means that if you eat them on your birthday you'll have a long life.