Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blizzards and Butt Munches

Well, there's a massive snow storm about to hit Massachusetts. As in, in about 45 minutes. The rich, important, overpaid and snooty employees have been allowed to go home early, so that their precious carcasses aren't trapped in their nice cars as they battle back to their homes.

I, on the other hand, have to stay here on the front desk and answer the phone until 4. With nobody to cover for me, even if I need to use the bathroom! Getting the feeling I'm slightly disgruntled? You're very astute.

A story:

One of the many couriers came in this morning, and noticed in our brief transaction that I am from somewhere else. We had this conversation...

"Where you from? Ireland?"
"Um, no actually. I'm from New Zealand."
"Ohhhh! Eh! Eh! Eh!"
"What?"
"I went to Canada once, for two weeks."
... (This is me, being completely nonplussed.)

No comments: