Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Inner Circus

So, I don't travel much anymore and I feel like there isn't much to say about my adventures since I generally don't have any. BUT... What about my inner adventures? You guys have no idea how much ridiculous crap I think about on an average day!

Here's one.

My pleasant bus face. Now, I like to sit backwards on the bus. You generally get to sit alone since most people can't deal with travelling backwards, and there are so many more people to stare at! However, I can't help but notice that most people sit there with stony blank expressions on their faces, looking vaguely tortured and miserable.

So I like to try and spread a little joy. However, you really can't sit there grinning like a Cheshire cat, because it freaks people out. So, I have invented the Pleasant Bus Face. It's a very subtle agreeable half-smile that I fully believe cheers up my bus companions.

Unfortunately, Tracy disagrees with me and thinks my Pleasant Bus Face is vaguely retarded and definitely disturbing and feels sorry for the people who have to see it!

Harumph.

1 comment:

noeintracy said...

Not retarded. Demented. I think that those poor bus people spend the entire ride trying to avoid eye contact with the crazy lady!