Friday, May 23, 2008

Big and Very Important News

The rumours are all true, and you can believe your ears.

That's right, I NOW OWN A HOODIE WITH SAUSAGE DOGS ON IT.

This photo had to be in black and white because it's way more flattering for my shiny red nose, but the close up one shows the dogs in all their glory.

Note that there is the occasional poodle. And, I believe, a Boston Terrier or two?



AWESOME!!!!!



In other news, I have received actual mail (thanks Mum) which consists of a postcard picture that she took herself. It shows a squirrel that is very cute, but I guess somebody disagreed because the poor little guy also has an infra-red dot on its side, from a rifle scope. Ah BOOOO!

What else?

Well, I'm still in the middle of my dan-ping love affair, notwithstanding occasional dalliances with dumplings.

I did a touristy thing or two, just to spice things up - went to Longshan Temple (meh) which is apparently where Taipei hides all its crazies. There were homeless people sleeping in the square and talking to themselves. Knew they had to be around here somewhere! Apart from the meh temple, there were a lot of sex toy shops, and the street where you go if you want to eat snakes. Which I don't.

I also got a haircut, so once again I look like a button mushroom. A mahogany button mushroom.

A special "Blind Squirrel" mention to my sister Tracy, for her foul and politically incorrect jokes, which I duly shared with the teachers of Kojen (very selectively though!) and was very popular for about 10 minutes while they roared with laughter.

Must away, I've just remembered that I have cheese in the fridge. mmmmm... tasty...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Fantastic hoody, very cool. I'm glad you enjoyed the postcard in spite of the infra-red dot. And I look forward to hearing Tracy's jokes. I might wait until I see her so I can punch her if it's too awful.