Friday, September 11, 2009

Two University Degrees

I haven't had a very good intelligence week...

First I attempted to polish my boots while wearing them (which, in my defence, always works for Tracy) and managed to get some polish on the bottom of one. Which I didn't notice until I walked across the carpet.

Then, I managed to throw an egg on the floor. It's too long to explain about that one, but I did actually have a plan in mind! It just didn't work out.

Yesterday, I zoned out on the bus and suddenly thought I was about to miss my stop, so I pole-vaulted over the poor woman sitting next to me and raced to the front of the bus, only to discover that it wasn't my stop. I apologised to the driver and said I was actually after the next stop, only to discover that the next one wasn't my stop either. He asked if I was lost, and I had to tell him no, and that I have lived in the neighbourhood for SEVEN YEARS. What a nong.

And then I got the IT Team's Dumb-Ass award at work for processing a couple of invoices twice. It took some sort of special scripty thing to fix, and they gleefully pointed out that the invoices WERE clearly stamped "Copy". Nobody likes a gleeful IT geek. Take note, IT geeks.

1 comment:

Farewell owl - a journal from the road. said...

I feel like that every day. And that's 3 degrees later. Humph. I couldn't get the coffee maker to work the other day at work and it was because there was no water in it. Duh.