Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm here

Hey everyone

Well, I've made it to Taiwan. Got in about 2 hours ago. So far, I've seen a fabulous handbag that had printed on the side "I love my hysterical glamour" (don't we all?) and I've had a shower. The place I'm staying is reasonably grotty, but I'll live. It's got airconditioning in the bedrooms, so that's ok. I was going to take a picture of the view to post, but it's pretty meh. I'll take one of wherever I end up living.

I'm over at Alex and David's, and it's SOOOOO much nicer than my pad! Ah boo. At least they let me in, AND let me use their computer. Hooray for friends...

Anyway, nothing else to report thus far. My grasp of Chinese pronunciation is as crap as we all anticipated, so currently I am exploiting the "helpless but charming big white girl" routine. Works a treat.

Jody xxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on being able to use your colonial imperialism to manouver in asiatic country! Go white girl!

noeintracy said...

I'm sure you will be able to make a million bucks printing crazy English crap on t-shirts and caps. The market just can't be flooded!

Unknown said...

your sarcasm is rendered useless on the local populace - what will you do! ;-)