Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'll Get You My Pretties...

Yesterday we went to the Salem Witch Museum. It was pretty cool actually, if a TEENSY bit cheesy. There's a reasonably informative presentation about the Salem witch trials in 1692, some background stuff about witches and Wiccans etc etc, and then you can buy a bunch of witch-themed crap in the gift store.

Salem is gorgeous (everything in MA is) and there are so many beautiful buildings I am completely satisfied.

After that we went into Boston (finally!) for a look round. Rachel and Caroline wanted to go to Chinatown! It was a bit soon for me. I just wanted to see Boston stuff - not bubble tea and steamed buns. Anyway, it's all good. We did both.

I'm getting myself together a bit - I opened a bank account and got a cellphone yesterday, so I am on the grid. The guy in the bank was rather bemused by the 3 of us, I think. We stormed his office, C&R ate all his lollipops, and for some reason he was convinced we were sisters. Yeah. Because we're practically identical. Whatever - the upshot is, I'm no longer nervous about carrying around large amounts of cash.

The only thing I can think of that I saw that amused me was a liquor store called Bunghole's. Wish I'd been able to take a photo, but we were in the car. Next time, I promise!

2 comments:

noeintracy said...

I can't wait for the pictures of fat arses and (stores called) bungholes!

♥ Oh Darling! said...

Photos please! So glad you made it to the next step in your adventure and didn't end up falling in love with a tiny Taiwanese man and having beebees... so now you are in the States you still have time to track down Johnny/Jake/sexy sexies get married and then invite your family over to enjoy your riches... yah?