Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Boston of Deliciousness

Boston is so beautiful! I was wandering the streets the other day, as I am unemployed and that is What We Do.

I ended up in the Prudential building area, rounded a corner, and found this awesome square! Wicked reflecting pool, bunches of huge buildings, NO PINK TILES. Take note, Taiwan. Take note.

This church is the headquarters of the Christian Scientists. Didn't know they were based in Boston - there you go, you learn something new every day. Isn't it beautiful?




Here's the side of it, and some of the reflecting pool.




Okay, I know this isn't really a pic of Boston. But it IS the most usual angle in which I get to see Quincy. Thing is, you aren't allowed to touch it. You'll get well clawed. How unfair is that?




Update on what I'm doing: well, I finally got a call from the temp place today. About bloody time! I'll be working tomorrow and Friday, at least.

I've been spending a lot of time in supermarkets, marvelling at the sheer variety of everything. And everything is packaged to the nines. It almost seems impossible to just buy a simple plain bag of anything. In fact, it pretty much is. It took me about 10 minutes to find brown rice that hadn't been put in a convenient boiling bag, parboiled, flavoured or in some way "improved" for my convenience.

Can't help thinking that food must get pretty boring, if the flavours are so tightly controlled. I'm going to resist convenience food and frozen meals for as long as I can.

What else? Well, today I'm going to go to the Museum of Fine Arts. I expect I'll have a good time...

No comments: