Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mundanity

The tuis are singing and the laundry is out - it's a gorgeous Saturday morning for once!

I've had a reasonably good week with nothing hilarious to report unless you count some of the outfits the kids on the street are wearing these days. When did tights become acceptable trousers?

We weathered a storm (HO HO HO!) that blew my rubber duckie off the bathroom window sill. I have to admire his panache though, because he managed to zoom around the biggest and most immediately available landing area (the toilet) and touch down safely behind the rubbish bin.

I finally got a haircut from Dani, in the stylish surrounds of Salon Brenda's House, where I got to meet her grumpy budgie Noodle. I liked him very much, even when he tried to take a chunk out of my finger for touching his clothes peg. Fair enough, I guess. Don't mess with a budgie's peg.

What else? Oh! I found my missing stocking! Very happy about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How rude! Noodle is an "individual" not grumpy. He loves his pegs but does enjoy sharing his balls (don't be crass)