Friday, January 18, 2008

The Week in Review

Monday:

Went to the Flower Market in Nei Hu with Teresa. Saw all sorts of cool plants and beautiful orchids, and also a fair amount of bizarre crap.

This one was cool!


This, not so much... Can you see the glitter?


Me, looking Special Needs as usual.


My kindly caregiver Teresa.


After that I went to work with my new mini orchid and wowed the punters with my admirable ability to choose traditional Taiwanese plants to brighten up my bat cave.

Tuesday:

Went out for a chocolate fest with the Young Americans. It was grand! I had hot chocolate with ginger in it. And I bought a scarf.

Wednesday:

Payday, thank goodness. I did my usual half-arsed job at work and then went to my secret other job that pays better. We discussed golf, and the elections. I never thought I'd know this much about golf at my tender age!

Then I went to the pub quiz. We did ok - 5th equal. Hmm. That doesn't sound all that hot actually. Whatever - I was there for the cheesy fries. I will live forever in deep shame that I managed to win a bonus question tequila shot for knowing that Carrie Bradshaw's favourite shoes are Manolo Blahniks. Or however you spell it. Blush!

Thursday:

Went out for dinner with Caroline and Rachel at a local place round the corner with fab fried rice. There was a large party of the workers who are building the MRT extension through Nei Hu there, and boy were they excited! Free Foreign Girls entertainment. Some of them shifted their chairs around a bit for a better view.

It's official. I can never pursue a career as a super model or a movie star. I hate being stared at! Sorry Vogue and Hollywood, you're going to have to box on without me.

Friday:

I got assaulted by the Dingo Snacks as usual. Then I schlepped home to my bat cave, chopped up a bunch of garlic and chili, promptly forgot about the chili and stuck my finger in my eye, and I've been slurping noodles on the couch ever since. With one eye shut.

What does the weekend hold? Oh, so many things! A couple of extra jobs on the side. Drinks with other teachers. Brunch at Woolloomoolo with the Kiwis. Movies. Accolades. Laundry. Good times. Better times. A hunt for coffee filters. Much avoidance of vehicular homicide. Oh, and I think I said I'd go watch some American football game at 4am on Monday morning at the pub. Which is a bad idea, since I'm teaching at 9am! Will keep you posted...

No comments: