Monday, March 16, 2009

Whoops

Guess I've been a bit tardy with the blog posts. Sorry, fan!

What have I done the past two weeks? Hmm. Well, I got a haircut. I'm officially a button mushroom once again.

I spent 3 days down in Corvallis, staying with Mike and Lisa and working for Junk Be Gone! which is their small business. Basically, if you have a pile of junk (and you live in Eugene, Oregon) and you want it to be gone, call them up and it will be done.

And let me tell you - you see some SIGHTS working with them. Yesterday we went round to this guy's house and took away what seemed to be his kitchen garbage from the previous 6 months. As in, he filled up bags with rubbish, and then biffed them straight into the garage. It was DISGUSTING. I picked up a liquefied onion that my fingers went into (thank god for gloves). He also had us clear out his car while we were there. The passenger seat was covered with pizza boxes and McDonald's wrappers, and the floor was filled with the same up to the level of the seat. It was truly vile.

You may have guessed it, but this guy wasn't the trimmest and healthiest specimen around...

Fun times, eh?

Apart from the occasional dead onion though, it wasn't a bad few days. Cruising around in a little dump-truck being polite to other drivers and seeing the sights of Eugene. We had a rare Oregon sunshiney day on Friday, so Lisa and I parked up by the river and went for a long walk. It was glorious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANS

Jody said...

Heyyyyy... No anonymous comments! Who IS that?