Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Made it! Adventures on the journey home include but are not limited to:

I completely flustered the woman who checked in my bags in Portland. She didn't know where New Zealand was, and she couldn't find any reference to it on her list of instructions on how to charge naughty travellers with overweight bags. I should, in fact, have been charged $300 (!!!) for excessive suitcases, but she got so wound up she let me go for free! CHA-CHING.

I was so relieved, I gave the girl who served me a burrito a 40% tip, which cheered her right up.

On the flight to Auckland, I sat next to a hard-core Greenpeace protester, who gets flown around the world to captain Greenpeace ships. He was very interesting to talk to!

Hugh Laurie was on my plane, according the other guy in our row.

Actually, that's about it. Unless you count as an adventure such mundane events as freshening up in an airplane toilet, chugging all the water in your water bottle before going through security, getting your accent mocked by a TSA employee in Los Angeles, and standing in gum.

I'm tired.

1 comment:

Flick said...

Yay to no excess baggage fines!

Eeeeee! to Hugh Laurie on your plane!