Monday, November 12, 2007

Doings

Went to a karaoke party on Saturday - I didn't actually sing because I'm sick, but it was still pretty fun! They take this stuff very seriously here. HUGE buildings, 4 or 5 stories high, with really flash staircases and everything. It looked more like a hotel than a KTV joint. There are staff members everywhere, in nice uniforms, saying welcome welcome welcome in Mandarin and serving drinks on trays. There are only private rooms, and you can order pretty much anything you want while you're in there. Anyway, it was pretty cool.

I've been eating a lot of tofu and steamed buns (thanks Teresa!) and I feel much better. That and the approximately 18 hours sleep I had over the course of Sunday has really helped.

I've been practicing my pen twirling (just to be super-cool) and although I still suck there is a definite improvement.

A small flickering weakish flame of understanding has started to penetrate the darkness that is my brain for work. Sometimes, I'm not completely stuck and staring at my page for 45 minutes.

I bought a new diary for 2008 and it's sooooo beautiful. It's just a boring one by Taiwan standards, but the pages are kind of yellowy instead of white, and there's Chinese all over it, and there's month planning pages.... (aaahhhh, stationery sigh)


I made friends with a small dog. Here it is. I know it looks like it's either going to go for my throat or pee on the couch, but honestly, it really liked me! I have the licked neck to prove it.

1 comment:

Clancy Hunt said...

hmmm It sure looks like it trying to have a dump....!