Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Enough is Enough

Man, this cold is persistent! I've had it for almost 3 weeks and I'm sooooo over it. I've managed to develop a sinus infection too.

So, I was sitting there thinking "I hate doctors - I'm not going and nobody can make me" and then I heard a little voice say "But Jody, you tore strips off Kosal when SHE had a sinus infection, and you made her go to the doctor"... And then another little voice said "ooooo, but Taiwan will let you buy antibiotics over the counter without a prescription"... And still another voice chimed in "They'll only give you 3 days worth, so you'll have to go back". And then I heard that teeny tiny but belligerent voice that I inherited from Dad. And IT said "I'll bet you can get what you want if you couch things in just the right way"...

So I marched into my local pharmacy, found the guy who speaks English and said "NOW LOOK. I'VE BEEN IN HERE THREE TIMES AND I'M STILL SICK. I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOUR CRAP FROM THE FRONT OF THE SHOP - I WANT SOMETHING I CAN MAKE ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WITH. IF IT DOESN'T SAY PSEUDO-EPHEDRINE THERE IS GOING TO BE TROUBLE MISTER. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT I WANT ANTIBIOTICS. ("Okay, you can have 3 days worth.") NO, GIVE ME 7 DAYS. NOWWWWWW!"

I walked out packing a week's worth of nose candy. Die cold, die!

Don't feel too bad for that guy - he's made a fortune out of me the last month, peddling his little cough lollies.

No comments: