Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's None of Your Damn Business

Having a few issues this week with the very Taiwanese trait of being FUCKING nosy. They gossip like you would not believe, make huge deals out of very little actual information, and in general drive me nuts.

In short: I hurt my back (as usual. no biggie) and had to go to the doctor. ONE student told their parents that Teacher Jody had to sit down in class today because her back hurts. That wanker parent rang the bloody school, and had the TEMERITY to question my ability to teach, if I have to sit down!!!!!!

Where do I even start?

But what did the school do? Tell this twit to piss off? Point out that acrobatics does not enhance English language instruction? Remind them that my physical ups and downs are none of their business?

Noooooooo....

They promptly typed up an open letter to all the parents of all the kids in all of my classes, explaining that I have a bad back, and that occasionally I might need to sit down in class! Then they glued this little masterpiece into all of the kids' report books.

I'm so fucking furious I can't even begin to tell you.

No comments: