Sunday, November 11, 2007

Teresa

I've got the most awesome student/friend ever. Her name is Teresa, and technically I help her with her (already very good) English. She came over yesterday to find me, yet again, a snotty gluggy mess surrounded by balled up tissues and huddled in one corner of my couch. We had our class, and afterwards I went off to Kojen to have my Saturday class and mark homework books.

3 hours later, she shows up on my doorstep again, armed with hot rice, tofu, seaweed bows (they're really nice), steamed buns, soya milk with no preservatives in it, a huge bag of oranges, 2 kiwifruit in case I felt homesick, an extra blanket for my bed (because I told her I've been cold the last few nights), corn soup, a set of bowls and drinking cups, and a small saucepan to cook rice in!

How completely insanely amazing is that? I feel very lucky.

1 comment:

noeintracy said...

She sounds like a lovely sister substitute!