Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day Off

My 1-on-1 student canceled yesterday, so I had a rare and greatly appreciated day off! Said goodbye to yet another friend (ah booooooo!) and then went to see an exhibition of paintings by the French painter Millet.

Which involved standing in a massive line, outside on a 38 degree day, with half of Taipei, watching them jump the rope to get their photos taken next to the grainy blown-up version of one of his most famous paintings; ie, the ad for the event.

With cutesy peace signs.

Yuck.

The paintings were... meh, ok. I thought he was pretty good at painting drapery, and Sean liked the one with the chicks picking up wheat.

I'm trying to think if I saw anything particularly weird or funny, but I don't think I did. WAIT! I just remembered. We saw a Chinese Trannie in the line. S/he was wearing the most god-awful dress, knee-high stockings that you could see the tops of, (NOT good) and we were pretty sure we saw an Adam's apple.

No comments: