Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I went to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. I can't believe I haven't been there before now! Rather a massive oversight, because it's actually really cool. Here's the steps.




And the main pagoda thingee.




There was a puddle, and I was trying to do arty shots with the sunset and the reflection, and in black and white with only the sun in colour. I think this is the best one!




I'm in there at the bottom, see?




Earlier in the day we saw this... I know it's a bit out of focus, but trust me that's a blessing. Little cacti in pots with googly eyes and pipe cleaner mouths? I shouldn't be surprised after all this time, but I am still a little disappointed.




Oh, and before THAT it was Caroline's last night out in Taiwan so we hit the town and as usual it was ugly. Although this picture isn't.




This one might be...




"Beer. The cause of, and solution to all life's problems." So true Homer, so true.

No comments: