Monday, January 12, 2009

Did You Know?

I'm inside for the umpteenth day in a row, mournfully peering out at the driveway that is newly covered in 5 inches of fluffy white doom.

The shovels await us...

I thought I'd liven up all the weather-related blog posts with a fun facts segment! Unfortunately, I don't know much about anything. Hmm. Let me think.
  • The turnstiles at the T station have the most inexplicably loud BLEEEP when you swipe your card. Why? Why? I am going incrementally more deaf, every time I travel.
  • Boston has more than 100 universities.
  • Massachusetts isn't actually a state - it's a commonwealth.
  • A fisher-cat is basically a big weasel, and it will eat your cat.
  • The public library in Wellington kicks the ass of the public library in Boston. It's soooo ugly!
  • You can get pink corn chips.
  • Salem is the capital of Oregon. Not the witchy Salem - that's in Massachusetts. Not to be confused with Salem, New Hampshire. (nice one, Founding Fathers.)
God, I think that's about it! And that list took me 10 minutes to come with. Lame. I guess it's indicative of how much time I've spent here doing nothing, in miserable unemployment. Never mind - things are about to change.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: