Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heyyyyyy....

The weather from Massachusetts seems to have found me. It's snowing! I got up this morning and this is what I found.



The hummingbirds and I are NOT AMUSED. Ali and I are about to rug up to the nines, and go out to move the billy goat and the ram into the shelter. There are a few de-bollocked males among the rest of the goats, and they're feeling the indignity of having a functioning male around. We're expecting a few feathers to be ruffled. Or, since they're goats, I guess we're expecting a few goatees to be twisted.

Yesterday we went out and about, and saw this on the other side of the fence at the Costco parking lot. It's a Nutria rat! Pretty cool, right? They're about the size of a fat Jack Russell, and look a bit like a large Guinea Pig with a ratty sort of tail.



This one was totally ignoring us, and munching its way around the area.

No comments: