Sunday, February 8, 2009

Opals and Hooves

When the agenda for the day includes trimming the toenails of 15 goats and giving them all vaccinations, the smart young lady hides out in the heated part of the shed with the rock cutter...

Ewan and Tom helped Ali with the pedicures, and I helped Mike change the faucet on his stone washing sink. Then we cut some rocks. It was SO COOL.

Here's Michael in his arty sunbeam.



Little do they know that there are not fun things happening on the other side of the gate!



Oh - this one is kind of random. It's for Tracy. Begonias! Ali and I went to the begonia house the other day. Sorry it's sort of awkwardly in the middle. Blogger isn't the most convenient when it comes to dealing with photos.



Here's Tom and Ewan torturing goats, Alison trimming, and Joey (foreground) supervising.



Joey is a very good supervisor. Here he is, making sure that Tom doesn't give the girls too much vaccine.



And this is Tom and Alison doing all the hard work, while slack-arse Ewan sits back and relaxes. That is so typical of him!



Meanwhile...

Sneaky Jody was hanging out in the heated back room, polishing quartz and opals. This is me not grinding my fingers off.



The result. This was my 2nd go, and Mike says I'm not too bad.



Anyway, that was my Saturday. We rounded off the evening with a trip out for Mexican food, where Mike regaled us with filthy jokes, and the woman at the next table was also a Kiwi. What are the chances??

Right now, Tom and Ewan and Mike are downstairs watching basketball, Ali is in her office surfing the net, and I'm in the living room listening to Pal snore and thinking about removing my belt so the food baby has more room to move.

2 comments:

noeintracy said...

Aw man! I like your blog better when I am not jealous of the grand fun times you are having...But I guess you deserve it after shitty ol' Taipei and snowy ol' Boston.

noeintracy said...

ps. NICE begonia meculata! Mine is better of course, but that is to be expected...it has a new shoot that is reaching the ceiling and 3 bunches of amazingly beautiful waxy pink flowers.
:)