Monday, October 22, 2007

3 Tigers and Some Weevils

So, you probably remember how much I love spaghetti puttanesca. I think I ate it about once a week at the very least in NZ! I've been having withdrawal symptoms, so I bought all the ingredients and settled in for the evening for a saucy treat. Which took some skills, as I only own 1 saucepan.

Anyway, all was well until I opened the pasta and dozens of nasty weevils ran out! I assume they're weevils - but they honestly looked more like fleas only with longer legs. EW YUCK. For about 10 seconds, the Evil Jody in my head was very persuasive... "Oh well, they'll die in the hot water. You can still eat it, you can you can..." But then Good Jody managed to wrestle the microphone away from her, and firmly declared it to be a bad and possibly deranged idea.

So I just had sauce for dinner. Ah boo.

No comments: