Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Taiwan Day

For those of you who haven't lived overseas, this is a day where the country you're living in (not necessarily Taiwan, I'm sure you understand...) just gives you a nice big kick right in the head.

I finished class today, was called into the office to talk to my director, and told that I am effectively redundant, effective immediately. WHAT THE FUCK, TAIWAN?

I'm not totally without employment or anything, I just don't work in the preschool any more. Which really annoys me because I was only just finding my feet. And now they're trying to load me up with night classes and Saturday classes teaching older kids, instead of my 9-4 number. I am not impressed.

Can't blog any more - I have to write up a pros and cons list, and arrange my face into a suitably grim aspect before my next meeting.

Note for the internet: the head of Kojen is a stupid wanker. I'm talking to you, Mr. Ho.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wha?! That sucks! Surely they have to tell you in advance? How the heck are you supposed to teach older kids at the drop of a hat?

noeintracy said...

That is bullshit! Surely you have a contract? I thought you had a job for a year? Maybe you can demand your flight reimbursement now...Keep us updated.