Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Despite being laid up on my bed of pain, the powerful urges of peer pressure forced me out yesterday, to hunt for a Halloween costume for school. I travelled an HOUR to the Taipei Main Station, and then mosey-ed around it for about 1/2 an hour, trying to find all the shops that sell holiday themed crippity crap. (Taiwan is one of those places where you have to go to specific places to buy random stuff. Like, having 3 or 4 square blocks of practically nothing but Halloween costumes, Christmas decorations and (for some reason) plastic buckets. Maybe for all the puking you will do when you see all the cutesy ornaments.)

Finally found it, and in desperation, purchased a hat shaped like a spider. With vague thoughts of Miss Muffet in my head, I wandered off. And promptly turned a corner to end up in Taipei's "nothing but luggage" district. It was pretty fun, and eventually I found a shop that sold nothing but hair accessories and bought some AWESOME clips with little red devil ears on them. Or, that's what I think they are anyway. They kind of look like Shrek ears I guess.

Was most pleased!!!

Schlepped home, unpacked purchases, and... DOOOOOOM! One of my ears had disappeared! I was so bloody gutted. Look how gutted I obviously am!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Obviously! And such a cute little devil ear too. We had one knock on the door for halloween. Luckily Jessie was here and had bought some toffees.