Monday, December 31, 2007

The New Year Cometh

Evening all! It's 9:30pm in Taipei, home of Taipei 101, the world's tallest (occupied) building, it's New Year's Eve and it's the last year that the city will be putting on a fireworks display on said tall building.

I am in my pjs and seriously considering having a bath.

Yep, I'm a sad old git and I'm completely gleeful about it! Ahhhhhhh...

Anyhoo, the year in review. It started off as the usual pile of crap for me, but things got going around March when I finally decided to trade in my old life for a new and improved version. Trust me you guys - the hard part is deciding to do it, and the rest is merely budgets and checklists. It took me 5 months.

And now I live in a bat cave in Taiwan, where I am a source of constant entertainment for the locals. Don't even have to try - I am fascinating just the way I am!

Things I liked about 2007: saying goodbye to being a PA. Moving to Taiwan. Trying teaching. Feeling the call of adventure and relishing the possibilities!

Resolutions: the usual. Stop swearing so much (never gonna happen) get more exercise (meh) be nicer to my friends (love you!) appreciate my mother more (I do I do!).

Hope your lists are going well too. Happy New Year. If I don't see you this week, I really miss you.

No comments: